The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Z:RCS And Z:RP

Go down 
5 posters

Do you like this Idea?
Yes. Good Idea
Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_lcap0%Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No. Z:RCS Only
Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_lcap0%Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Undecided
Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_lcap50%Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Needs More Work
Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_lcap50%Z:RCS And Z:RP I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 2

AuthorMessage
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

Z:RCS And Z:RP Empty
PostSubject: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:43 am

Problem
I've been brining in lots of GOOD Role players, but they all have a problem. The Combat System. They all dislike combat systems as they feel it ruins Role play by limiting their characters ability's based on what their HUD says, not what abilities the characters actually has.

My Solution
We do not FORCE the Zelda:RCS System for Role play, depending on the character, But we still require them to have the system ready for events such as full scale battles.

I have Created Zelda:RP, A Role-Play ONLY, what amounts to, as a Titler. It comes preloaded with a bunch of different races and three Status conditions to help depict how their character physical condition is in. I'm planing on installing a RP Chat Echo into it to give it more options on what it does. I can keep working on it to improve it.

Tell me what you think please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.secondlifehyrule.freeforums.org
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:08 pm

I've been of the opinion a turned based system that interacts with ZRCS would also be useful for those who WANT to use the combat HUD but not in realtime. Will work on it at a later date.

Also Gem is psychic.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wetheplayers.net
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:13 pm

Well.. Um.. Who knows. But I do know, The main reason is because people are waving around thier 'e-penis' that they have a better equipment set and all. That makes them mad. So they play in places such as MYSTARA. They ban anything that isn't a pure titler. All Combat is done Via RP Posts and things.

And thats the way they enjoy RP. A LOT of them.
Back to top Go down
jt39137

jt39137

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:29 pm

Haaa... haa haa... ha hahaa.. oh, pardon. i had to get the irony out of my system.

It's awesome we have a titler system for it now. although we had been discussing at some point way before I disappeared the first time that we were not going to enforce the ZRCS for those who did not want combat.

I just wanted to make that statement, but all in all, i'd like to see some more of the specs on the rp system if possible, and perchance give Carter a chance to respond, maybe incorporate it into his HUD as well or include it in his packaged ZRCS system, like an on/off switch that limits the combat system functionality.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jt39137
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 12:43 pm

Hmm. Combining the functionality... But only one real issue with that, But not RP Related at all. Thats just extra scripts. Z:RCS already runs at 3Mb+ Per person (Last I checked). Thats not counting a persons attachments. But thats Kinda minor in hindsight.
Back to top Go down
KaelIldor

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyFri Apr 29, 2011 11:12 pm

I am not certain if a new titler system may be needed, seeing as the system itself seems to have one built into it. Pertaining to those feelings restricted by the meter, I'm not sure if you really need to go by what the meter says 100%. Or at least I did not see a rule stating such. With the current system. I -would- like to see the weapons themselves be earned through actual role play, or as a faction reward per se, but I doubt such a thing would transpire. Roleplay Combat is something I do enjoy, but only for things such as training sessions or smaller scaled battles. For much large ones, it becomes chaotic, confusing and extremely time consuming. Plus a meter system is good to fall back on during a dispute in roleplay combat (Because in most cases, no one wants to lose. And it's better to argue against a meter than another person aye?)

Concerning Mystara, I have a friend who roleplays there and while he enjoys the sim as a whole, he acknowledges that almost all character there roleplay as gods. I am only going by heresy though, so take it with a grain of salt. In short. I feel a simpler option would be to allow individuals who can not handle a combat system on their computer, or dislike it, the option to simply turn it off. Scripting in a Non-Combative function may be of great benefit to those individuals. But this leads to another issue I have seen in other sims, between those that love meter combat and those that are RP combat only. What if someone who is Meter only attacks someone that is RP Combat only? Well. A good solution I've found is that the -Defender- is the one who gets to decide what method of combat to use. Meter or roleplay combat. So in short. I'd vote for combining the two, or adding in a Non-Combative feature to the meter system in place.
Back to top Go down
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 12:08 am

And the new guy come in swinging for the fences.

But I get what your saying. And the weapons issue IS being negotiated. I'm working with Carter privately on obtaining at the moment, some better weapons of for the knights.

But, Combining the two is the best Idea. And heres why. Currently, You can DROP somebody in no time flat due to the freakishly high swing rate. (0.25 Second Cool down Carter?). The new Midgar RP system, VII:RCS, requires 2 Seconds between Melee attacks. This keeps people from dropping like fly's to the constant button mashers. If the Swing speed was reduced to realistic levels, They might not have such a hard time, as fights would be more realistic, rather than run up, Swing swing swing, ~Game Over~

0.25 Weapons become 1.00 Seconds
0.50 Weapons become 1.50 Seconds

Thats only a suggestion. But that swing speed has ALWAYS Irritated me. Too fast and it makes fights enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
jt39137

jt39137

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 3:13 am

KaelIldor wrote:
But this leads to another issue I have seen in other sims, between those that love meter combat and those that are RP combat only. What if someone who is Meter only attacks someone that is RP Combat only? Well. A good solution I've found is that the -Defender- is the one who gets to decide what method of combat to use. Meter or roleplay combat.

The battle of meter VS roleplay has been in debate honestly since I've come to hyrule, it was one of the first discussions we had (after furries, NEVER AGAIN D:) and it's really up to the player, because that is one factor you can't change, lest you risk losing them for good. Too many stipulations and they will go somewhere else.

I do agree though, a noncombative function would be nice, except instead of "Noncombative", could put "RP Only".

Discuss?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jt39137
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptySat Apr 30, 2011 5:58 am

So were all in agreement. Add RP Only Function into the HUD. NOW we just gota wait for Carter to show up and were golden..... Any ETA on THAT one.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:48 am

MasterIckolas wrote:
So were all in agreement. Add RP Only Function into the HUD. NOW we just gota wait for Carter to show up and were golden..... Any ETA on THAT one.
Here's the ETA.
I'm back from my post-exams travelling. I'm on my phone. Typing is slow. I'll be on my laptop later with more to say.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP EmptyMon May 23, 2011 2:40 pm

Here I am!

I just got back from travelling outside of the country. Am I ever happy to see people using these forums! It seems to be part of my life to come and go in SL, but I check these forums regularly, which makes them a great form of communication, for me anyway. But enough about me...

After reading through a lot of these posts (not just this thread) it sounds like what people need most from ZRCS are different modes. This has been talked about before (OOC, training, etc.). I will make this my biggest focus for the next version: incorporating different modes into ZRCS. This may take some time, as the system was not designed with this in mind, but it can be done.

ZRCS needs a non-combative mode that still qualifies as keeping the user IC. Basically, the user won't be able to take damage or use ammo/magic. If they wish to use arrows and other weapons for RP purposes, there are loads of such weapons (non-ZRCS of course) that they could use, since the ZRCS weapons require ammo. I would vote that this mode still allow the use of rupees. If the user doesn't want this feature, they can simply choose not to use it without having it interfere with their roleplay experience. Also, using weapons against people who are in combative mode would be illegal while in non-combative mode.

I would also like to add a training mode that allows healing and revival without the use of items. Also, an OOC mode that essentially freezes the system with the user's OOC status above his/her head until they switch back to one of the IC modes.

Basically, ZRCS needs some more RP options. Most of the focus so far has been on combat, both RP based and pure combat, but not so much on non-combative RP.

As for the speed of the melee attacks...
I do not believe the problem lies with the attack time, but with the physics of the attacks. Let me explain. When some one goes wild with a sword in ZRCS combat, they can easily walk behind you and strike your back in an instant, making your shield worth little if not handled precisely. This is not realistic (although this is true for many SL combat systems). You may notice though that when two defensive fighters go head-to-head, the battle become more skill-based, with the players trying to guess their opponent's moves and time their attacks appropriately, and in the right location. I can update the melee scripts to prevent an avatar from moving while he attacks. This would be similar to the video games, where Link hardly moves if your rapidly press the B-button, because he is too busy swinging his sword. This would prevent people from rapidly swinging their sword at a foe until they stumble upon victory. It would make battles more realistic and would demand more skill from the fighters, instead of allowing them to instantly hop behind opponents' shields and land several free blows.

As for going down quickly, real combat, if your give your opponent the chance, a well-struck blow can take a man down pretty fast. The only problem I see is that it is too easy to flank an opponent and then land multiple unearned blows.

I actually completed an update to the melee scripts a few weeks ago, as well as a system to easily redistribute them. I meant to release them before RL pulled me away, but now I'm glad I didn't. It will now be less of a hassle to make this new update. Please do share your opinion on this though. I think it'll clean things up very well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Z:RCS And Z:RP   Z:RCS And Z:RP Empty

Back to top Go down

Z:RCS And Z:RP
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Realm :: Roleplay Info and Discussion-
Jump to: