The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ZRCS HUD Modes

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

ZRCS HUD Modes Empty
PostSubject: ZRCS HUD Modes   ZRCS HUD Modes EmptyTue Jun 07, 2011 12:50 pm

Here is a notecard that I just wrote up, to be given away with v1.4 of ZRCS. I have not started heavily into the HUD modes yet, so much is open to easy editing. These descriptions are not very deep, but they get the point across, I believe. What do you think? Should I change/add/remove anything? And is everything clear?

Click your ZRCS HUD and use the menus to select what HUD mode you want you use. You can change modes at any time, but it may not be legal to do so, i.e. in the middle of a battle or a tournament.

Here are descriptions of all of the different modes of the ZRCS HUD.

1. RP-combat
This is the mode that most people are familiar with, as it was the only mode available for ZRCS when it was 1st released, and for a long time afterward. In this mode, you can be attacked, and can legally attack someone else. This does not necessarlly mean that you are looking for a fight however. It simply means that you wish to use the combat features of the HUD. Read the next paragraph to see how this contrasts to the non-combative mode.

2. RP-no combat
This mode forgoes the combat features of the HUD. In this mode, you are NOT allowed to use weapons to attack anyone who is wearing a ZRCS HUD. This mode announces to those around you that you are not interested in engaging in ZRCS combat. Perhaps you prefer to RP your fights via chat, or perhaps you are in an area where combat is not allowed and you do not wish to temp anyone. Whatever your reasons are, this is the mode to use if you wish to roleplay but do not wish to use the combat features of ZRCS.

3. OOC
In this mode, your HUD is essentially turned off. Text above your head will announce that you are not in character at the moment. For some sims, this will be the required method of announcing that you are not roleplaying at the current time. This mode will turn off combat and will also not allow you to collect pick-ups.

4. Tournament
This mode is specifically designed for use in tournaments play. It essentially allows a player to revive him/herself without having to leave the sim, use a fairy, or have a friend play the Song of Healing. It will display in the user's hovering text that he/she is in Tournament mode. Tournament mode is not legal in any public roleplay situation.

5. Training
This mode will allow for several different options. It is intended to allow players to experiment with different combat situations in ZRCS. Players will have unlimitted amounts of certain items, and will be able to revive themselves or refill their magic meter or their health bar without penalty. This mode is often used for sparring, aside from Tournament mode.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

ZRCS HUD Modes Empty
PostSubject: Re: ZRCS HUD Modes   ZRCS HUD Modes EmptyMon Jun 13, 2011 6:16 am

In addition to the HUD modes, v1.4 will have added sound effects, mainly for when players take damage. This will include (but will not be limited too!) voiced grunts. Think of how Link reacts when he takes damage. I want to have many voice options, but for now, my goal for v1.4 is to include the option of male voice, female voice, and no voice.

I am using voices from the video games as the ZRCS voices. For example, the male voice will simply be the sound clips used in OoT for adult Link.

I want future versions to include many more voice options. This would include young and adult versions of male and female, zora, goron, deku, and others. There will likely be a voice set that uses Ganondorf's voice.
Back to top Go down

ZRCS HUD Modes
Page 1 of 1