The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

"New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Geminai

Geminai

"New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion Empty
PostSubject: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 am

Hey guys, as a heads up I wanted to let people know that I am going to work on bringing back my old RP group from last summer which was called "The New Hyrulean Era". I may not use this exact same group though and I'll be letting people who used to be involved know the new group name if I set something like that up.

Mainly, this is a willy nilly "almost anything goes" sort of RP group that was ran by Brache and myself in the past. Brache has enough responsibilities right now so I don't think he'll be co-running it with me this time. Mainly the intent of bringing this group back to hyrule will allow people who don't like the strict setting of the Main Sim RP, to have a group to just fuck around and do what they want. This would be a good RP group to send the people who want FF characters or other things that may not be accepted into the mainstream RP. This was a rather unstrict group in the past with the exception of Cannons. This will most likely still be the case. Brache has suggested having it so that the Main Sim Cannons can make cameo's in this separate RP if they desire. I'm not sure though about this because in the past I had a few Cannon Players for my group that are NOT the current Sim Cannons, and they may be returning. So it is likely that I will control who is cannon in my group and not line this up with the main Sim RP.

I'll have a rule set for my group figured out by next Friday I hope. Gonna try re-launching the group and seeing what happens and how strict I'll need to be with it. Once it is set up, feel free to send people my way for this RP if they are having issues with the Main RP.

Last edited by Geminai on Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin
Ora

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:45 am

^^^This. I dont like the strict RP in the sim, and I don't really know who decided to make it strict since I have always been more laid back about it. Maybe I will start my "dark wizard" story with this group. (also I may make a post here about that so people know a bit about the story Im working on)

And for the record, I don't like people playing canon characters. It is usually not done well and everyone wants to be the same people. Though Saria is a different story so I guess it can be done.

Depending on how well my story will jive with your group, I can help you out.
Back to top Go down
https://hyrule.aforumfree.com
Geminai

Geminai

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 6:10 am

Ora wrote:
^^^This. I dont like the strict RP in the sim, and I don't really know who decided to make it strict since I have always been more laid back about it. Maybe I will start my "dark wizard" story with this group. (also I may make a post here about that so people know a bit about the story Im working on)

And for the record, I don't like people playing canon characters. It is usually not done well and everyone wants to be the same people. Though Saria is a different story so I guess it can be done.

Depending on how well my story will jive with your group, I can help you out.

Honestly my group needs a plot right now. We don't have Pip and his craziness anymore, so a negative force is needed. Since you're itching to be a bad guy, sounds perfect. You have a group invite and then I'll transfer a tag to you once you're in it. This tag will give you pretty much the powers I have as an owner. The only other person with a tag with that much power is Brache.
I'd also be happy to make a minions tag for people who choose to follow you :3

Teehee... honestly you and your plot is exactly something this willy nilly rp would need.
In Hyrulean Era Link and Zelda were dead. This will continue to be the case. No Link or Zelda. Saria Sixpence is our saria and always will be. Mina is our Malon if she wishes to continue that role and I'm alright with her being our Farore too like she was in the past. This just worked well for how we all goofed around. I don't plan to allow any other cannon roles without the person discussing it with me, you, or brache first. This means the sim Cannon Characters are not cannon characters for the willy nilly group, and they'll kinda just have to deal with it Razz The only other Cannon is Nayru... I think you saw what I did to Nayru... I don't intend to really be playing with nayru at all... but yeah my nayru was skitzo and genderbending XD I won't be allowing new cannon roles at this time :3
I would love to have you working alongside me with this. I loved working with my friends in the past. I want that again. Brache knows he has power too. He gets to choose how involved he wishes to be though this time in running things.
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin
Ora

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jun 19, 2011 1:44 pm

Cool, maybe I will let you in on all the secrets of my story next time we are both in. I hate having secrets with nobody to share them with. XD
Back to top Go down
Geminai

Geminai

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptyTue Jun 21, 2011 12:37 am

Ora wrote:
Cool, maybe I will let you in on all the secrets of my story next time we are both in. I hate having secrets with nobody to share them with. XD
Woo! Today I'd like to get my butt in gear trying to organize something... it's going to come down to talking with you about what you want to do, and getting people on to dive into RPing with kinda willy nilly like before. Hoping I can get brache involved in the first session but there's still possibly some tension in RL right now so that may not happen right away Sad

Edit: Making a thread that isn't era discussion, but Era Rules and info. I figured this will help keep things in line and updated in a place where EVERYONE can easily get to.
Back to top Go down
jt39137

jt39137

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:28 am

I really want to say something because there has been a really heavy storm on the horizon with the return of the NHE, and it's upsetting the balance of players, and threatening to split the community..

so I really want there to be some stipulations, and i would really like to see some cooperation with the GM's who were already trusted with managing roleplay, because the fear that was presented to me is that NHE is going to take over Hyrule/Afredo and that it would turn into a zelda based Pixel Hills. I would hate to see people leave over that. And while I think the idea is great, IN MODERATION, like everything else, I think I really have to put my foot down on this one and say really, work with the sages and the players, think for the good of the SIM and the PLAYERS more than the individual and what you guys as a group want to see.. because the minute it rains down that NHE is now the primary roleplay and the crossovers are confused with the main roleplay and people forget who the GM's are, hell will break loose. GM's are there for a reason.

Please respect them. Please work with them. I hate conflict and I haven't wanted to deal with this. so Gem, Brache, Anyone involved in NHE, please consider these things before just raining it all down on Hyrule.. I don't want to see anyone scared away by it. I'd like to see you guys come to an agreement and work it out.. but as of this moment i'm not liking this dissention between the NHE roleplayers and the GM's that are already in place.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jt39137
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 2:46 am

Gem got in contact with me today about it and currently she sees no need to revive it, due to the direction RP is already starting to take in sim. Small cliques of RPers are already forming and intermingling with each other, and as that forms as long as people are being smart and evenly balanced, as well as working together and not trying to dominate the storyline, there should be no need for an entirely separate storyline that dominates the rest of the people. If enough people feel left out by how others RP they'll band together and we'll rarely hear about them anyway. HNE was just a group meant do to exactly that... and right now, none of the people who ran it are either available or able to keep up with two RPs anyway. I'm under too much stress to keep track of more than one character and Saria's even been giving me space for that, Gem's under the same amount of stress, so we're sticking with the characters we wanted to play and have reasonably toned down powers for.

Another weird thing about NHE was the power levels of the characters in there were so obscene that the primary focus WASN'T combat- there'd be little point as the fights would take forever. About the only one who kept a level head about their power level was Zaydre and that's because he played Linebeck pretty straightforward.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wetheplayers.net
Fado

Fado

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:03 am

I will say I have to agree with JT on this, while I am a believer in not restricting creativity, too much freedom can cause the loss of the original purpose. We have rules and GM's in place cause it helps shape and keep things feeling like Zelda which is why the patrons visit the sim, if we lose sight of this, what would differentiate Hyrule from any other RP sim? I personally believe we really have a good thing going on here and disrupting that flow could lead to really bad repercussions. I strongly believe in working with the GMs on this to figure out a suitable compromise that works for everyone.
Back to top Go down
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 3:17 am

https://hyrule.aforumfree.com/t21-everyone-watch-this-video-especially-ora

Tell me you all can see this link.... RSA Animated drives home a crazy point about self management when it comes to creative tasks.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wetheplayers.net
Geminai

Geminai

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:02 am

I wish this had been addressed BEFORE the meeting, and not the day of the meeting. 2 weeks ago at the last sage meeting when a fight was breaking out over this I DID say that people needed to read the forums and discuss these things, and I had pointed out that NHE was a topic posted weeks before that fight without ANYONE posting concerns in the discussion about it. Why did people wait so long to discuss it?

I can NOT discuss it tonight well. Brache has pretty much said what needs to be said, I just worked an 8 hour day of hell, and I'm not stable to be defending the topic. Just... People need to address these things immediately. Brache heard a lot of my response to this over the phone today. If it's needed he can share it toned down becuase I was rather heated at the fact that things take forever to be discussed or approved.

With that complaint said... If Hyrule adapts the approach "If it's really too out there, people will not role play with them", then you'll see what people like and don't like and the GM's can act to help mediate these events. People shouldn't be told what to play. If others choose to RP with those characters, then they have accepted them in their story and something apparently is being done right. If they are really too out there, people won't like them and won't RP with those people and then they can learn to adapt their ideas so that others DO like to roleplay with them.

Right now in Castle Town over the past week I have NOT pursued role playing in terms with Hyrulean Era's storyline. I have simply walked around as the character I want to be, and have Rp'd with other people in Hyrule who were around and wanted to RP with me. No one has complained about myself or my character being a cross over. I have learned to adapt it to the storyline and keep abilities in check. People seem to like to RP with me, and I with them. And there are others like me. Era is not needed if people are able to come to hyrule and do this sort of thing... in this time we also DID run into a player we DIDN'T like. That was a situation that sykes was able to step in on and it was taken care of. There were enough user complaints towards this player to have a GM step in. If people dislike how aperson is RPing with them, that's when a GM should be needed, to mediate, not to dictate.
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin
Ora

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptySun Jul 10, 2011 9:34 am

I might be confused as to what exactly the argument here is. If you go to swrp for example, you will see that the admins provide a place to rp, but don't force you to be involved in their story. I see it as the same thing here. People can come here, and while the RPers are expected to stay in character and interact with people from different groups, there is nothing saying that they have to follow what they do.

Anyway, I will say that I have actually been excited for once to have something to do around me damn sim, so if I can't have something fun to do then I don't need to waste all my money here. I don't mean to sound like an ass here. I just mean that rp is something that has not been done well at all in Hyrule that I have seen, and now I would like to try to get things on track by working with Gem to create a little fun. I had set guidelines for RP from the damn begining trying to leave an open ended style of RP, as imagination is what Zelda is all about, yet apparently the people who come here aren't real Zelda fans. Like the whole furry bull shit. I cant believe that there are even people who can argue against it and actually claim to be a Zelda fan. Zelda is a world where literally anything can happen.

As far as power levels go, that is where the ZRCS comes in. You can have a back story that you are a god, but still get your ass beat all the same. The only thing that can be done about people pretending to be all powerful is setting some guidelines to help them. This is why I hate chat RP, because everyone must be a god. If they aren't god modding, then they cant keep up with everyone else.

So basically, I'm going to help run the RP that I actually believe in. If people don't like it they are free to RP with someone else, but that is where I will be.
Back to top Go down
Geminai

Geminai

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion EmptyMon Jul 11, 2011 10:47 am

At this time I do not intend to follow up with NHE as things are kinda being figured out I guess...

Just gonna rp with the people around me as I have been doing all week prior to the meeting. If they choose to hop IC while I'm IC... they can do that. I'll be avoiding running into any main sim rp plots as i honestly don't have any desire to be tied up in that storyline. I just want to walk around as my character and interact with other characters. People should be able to do this without causing wars :/

Things are confusing right now... Gonna follow Ora's lead but not push him on it. We'll get it figured out I guess.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion   "New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

"New Hyrulean Era" RP Discussion
Page 1 of 1