The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

More Animation Options

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Daimondheart

Daimondheart

More Animation Options Empty
PostSubject: More Animation Options   More Animation Options EmptySun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 pm

Thought I'd post this here since there's now a separate thread for it. I've been modding my main weapon and thought it'd be nice if we had more animation options.

Right now, the ZRCS scripts allow us to change the animations for the forward, back, left, right, and spin attack animations as well as the stance animation to anyone we put inside our weapon. However, I think it would be nice if you could add lines in the note card that allow us to change the walk and running animations, too. I've found a few walk and run animations that look great with the weapon I'm using... but only as long as I have the weapon in my hand. Otherwise they look kind of stupid, so they don't fit well in my AO. It makes sense for the way you walk and run to change once you have your weapon out.

I have two more suggestions that would be nice. I've found some weapon drawing/sheathing animations out there. It'd be nice if you could make room in your scripts to play such animations if a player has them added in the note card. Lastly, I think you should add a shield animations note card to the shield scripts. My character uses a two handed weapon, so what I did was make a copy of my Hylian Shield, deleted all but the main prim, then gave that a transparent texture and switched out the default guard animation with a two handed stance I found. Problem is, I had to rename that animation to the same one found in the shield, which makes it impossible to use any animations that can't be modified.

That's all I have for now. Love the work you're doing with the ZRCS. I hope your trip went well. Smile
Back to top Go down
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

More Animation Options Empty
PostSubject: Re: More Animation Options   More Animation Options EmptyTue Jun 28, 2011 12:44 am

I had originally designed the melee weapons to use the walk/run anims of your default AO when the weapon is drawn. I can certainly design them to override those animations as well though. I will likely make this optional though, for people who wish to use their default AO walk/run anims. Also, I'll go ahead and release the next versions of the melee scripts. They have already received a lot of changes, and there is no sense in withholding them any longer. I will try to put your suggested changes in the next version though.

And as for the shield, you are very right. Keep in mind that any animation used would need to be priority 4 (3 might be ok for some), to ensure that the animation takes precedence over all others. Also, the shield anim used now animates only the player's left arm. That way, the rest of the avatar is not affected by the animation, so the player can still walk/run/sit/stand/do whatever he wishes. It would be best for all custom anims to follow those 2 guidelines, but that is of course up to the players to decide. At the very least, everyone should have the option for custom shield animations.
Back to top Go down

More Animation Options
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Realm :: Second Life :: ZRCS-
Jump to: