The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Zelda Roleplay and Combat System

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

Zelda Roleplay and Combat System Empty
PostSubject: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptySun Nov 21, 2010 11:26 pm

Something not working? Wanna complain about monsters and balance like it's WoW? Here's the topic for ya!

-Why is there no opening to attack deku babas? Often they will bite you TWICE on a single lunge, and even after you hit them. With no safe time to attack them, short of having something longer range than the wooden sword, it's ridiculous to try and kill them. Unless you know something I don't.
Back to top Go down
http://www.wetheplayers.net
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:48 am

DoomRater wrote:
Something not working? Wanna complain about monsters and balance like it's WoW? Here's the topic for ya!

-Why is there no opening to attack deku babas? Often they will bite you TWICE on a single lunge, and even after you hit them. With no safe time to attack them, short of having something longer range than the wooden sword, it's ridiculous to try and kill them. Unless you know something I don't.

I ought to, since I made them.

The "opening" lasts for just a couple of seconds, as they lunge at you every few seconds, even if they can't reach you. However, if you get too close to them, they will continuously lunge at you until you get away or until you kill them. (This is why they lunge more than once in a row.)

The best strategy for killing them is to charge at them with your weapon swinging, then hold up your shield immediately after they make contact with you. I've managed to kill the small Babas in their first lunge without taking damage.

Keep in mind also, these guys are intended to be tougher than we're used to.
Back to top Go down
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 1:39 am

in other words you are saying the opening for them is AS they lunge at you and not after. I don't really know how that makes sense- the pattern Nintendo used does since it's like a snake's attack.

I forgot the other suggestion I had though, but I see the ZRCS Suicide Pistol is approved, so I'll get to building that right away. Blast mask would be awesome for those of us who want to get the heart piece but don't use bombs.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 7:04 am

DoomRater wrote:
in other words you are saying the opening for them is AS they lunge at you and not after. I don't really know how that makes sense- the pattern Nintendo used does since it's like a snake's attack.
I'm not sure I understand. The Nintendo version rests for a second with its neck extended right after it attacks, if that's what you mean. Mine are more "intelligent" in that sense, and yes, tougher for that reason. I like them that way.
DoomRater wrote:
I forgot the other suggestion I had though, but I see the ZRCS Suicide Pistol is approved, so I'll get to building that right away. Blast mask would be awesome for those of us who want to get the heart piece but don't use bombs.
I'd love to get a working Blast Mask released. Keep in mind though, one reason that only one of the many hearts costs money is because I can require certain weapons to unlock the hearts. Basically, the Blast Mask will have to come at a price as well. I'm not sure how its price should compare to the price of the bomb bag though (L$385)
Back to top Go down
DoomRater
Admin
DoomRater

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 12:45 pm

Consider the Blast Mask is powerful like a bomb but it also hurts you, and takes forever to recharge. it's not meant to be a serious weapon, more like a poor man's tool.
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin
Ora

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptyTue Nov 23, 2010 6:30 pm

I'm happy to see the ZRCS growing so well. Sadly the cost of owning the sim is just becoming too much considering I don't get in much. If I were the one with the skills I would be making money, but instead I am only losing it. I suppose putting all my money into something like this was a stupid risk and I should have just made stuff for other people's sims instead. If I don't find some way to afford this stuff I'm sure the ZRCS will live on. I just know I can't keep losing money on something with no hope of profit and with my skills there is very little income from sales. Ugh if only I could freakin' script!
Back to top Go down
https://hyrule.aforumfree.com
Mr. Wolf

Mr. Wolf

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System EmptySun Nov 28, 2010 5:43 am

I've thought about this a bit over the break. I haven't been online in days, and going for that long without what little stress SL causes me made me feel better over that time. (No rushing to finish scripts and updates, no griefers to deal with, etc.) And yeah, I've been making a good bit of money from ZRCS and the Navi HUD, yet I still need to take a break from time to time or I'll get a little stressed. I just kind of figured... money must be the most stressful thing about Hyrule for you, Ora. Shoot, I don't make nearly enough L$ to pay for a full sim

I thing Hyrule may have grown to fast. This proposal may be better fit for its own thread... but it might not me a bad idea to downsize to a more affordable location for the time being. Hyrule could then grow as it needs to.

If Hyrule causes you stress Ora, then something's not being done right. And we all want to see it flourish!! But not painfully.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Zelda Roleplay and Combat System   Zelda Roleplay and Combat System Empty

Back to top Go down

Zelda Roleplay and Combat System
Page 1 of 1