The Golden Realm
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Golden Realm

The Legend of Zelda Second Life RP Admin Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) Empty
PostSubject: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:01 pm

Hey, Grey Ormstein, here.

So, since Ora's placed the Spinning Stream in the Windmill Hut we've grown in popularity, and apparently last week someone came to the site's owner, leader, and head DJ asking him to hold the Zelda portion of the show within the Milk Bar.

The show airs Wednesdays, and apparently someone put out a notice that the show would take place tonight at 7pm earlier today. At about 6:15 the head DJ, Nova Alamak, decided he was not well enough to do the show because of a cold effecting his throat. He said he has to cancel and another DJ agreed to do a placeholder show and let him reschedule the Zelda show to the following Thursday.

As soon as this decision was finalized, I logged in to Second Life to let everyone in the Hyrule Group and Spinning Stream group know of the change, at which point resident Aelamasca Aluveaux confronted me in private IM.

I'll be honest: I'm out of the loop on anything besides certain building aspects. Apparently, this user is some sort of character sage, or even staff. Regardless, she was a bit over the line with the SL Drama as I tried to explain to her what was going on. So much so that when my boss, Nova, heard what I had to report, he grew rather upset as well and confronted her, again in IM. Following are the chat logs as they occurred.

I won't type any after the logs, so I'll just be clear, here. I want to know who this person is and if she represents the staff we have a problem that needs to be addressed. Of course, she could have a bad day today, but if someone like this is talking to visitors to this sim I care about, I'd rather any special titles were taken away from her.

Ora and I share a dream of people being happy in living out their Zelda dreams and sightseeing. He sacrifices a lot of money to do so, and I offer a fraction of that through service to the community. I want to take this opportunity to nip a problem in the bud and prevent any heated consequences of future confrontation between our two groups.

Aelamasca Aluveaux: This is seriously inconvient since we already told people it was gonna happen, and how long did y'all know about it huh?
[2011/05/04 18:35] Grey Ormstein: My viewer was being stupid
[2011/05/04 18:35] Grey Ormstein: I was the only staff member who isn't bedridden and I just got off work
[2011/05/04 18:35] Grey Ormstein: I'm sorry for the inconvenience, but we're still putting on a show
[2011/05/04 18:36] Aelamasca Aluveaux: yes but the show isnt HERE
[2011/05/04 18:36] Grey Ormstein: No, it isn't. Reschedules are like that
[2011/05/04 18:36] Aelamasca Aluveaux: see thats why I'm mad
[2011/05/04 18:36] Aelamasca Aluveaux: GAAH pain in the asses mother, rude, GAAHHH!!!
[2011/05/04 18:37] Grey Ormstein: This is hardly rude
[2011/05/04 18:37] Aelamasca Aluveaux: THIS IS VERY MUCH RUDE
[2011/05/04 18:37] Aelamasca Aluveaux: YOUR PEOPLE SAID YOU WOULD DO AN EVENT, THEN UP AND CANCEL WITHOUT NOTICE
[2011/05/04 18:37] Grey Ormstein: The moment I am notified of the change, I let everyone know
[2011/05/04 18:37] Aelamasca Aluveaux: THATS THE VERY DEFINATION ON RUDE
[2011/05/04 18:37] Grey Ormstein: This is notice
[2011/05/04 18:37] Grey Ormstein: it's not 7 yet, there's still over half an hour when I made the message
[2011/05/04 18:37] Aelamasca Aluveaux: like 45 mins BEFORE THE VENT!
[2011/05/04 18:38] Aelamasca Aluveaux: EVENT
[2011/05/04 18:38] Grey Ormstein: I'm sorry I can't go back in time and let you know, but when the decision was made that the DJ can not do his job, he let me know. As soon as I found out, I let you all know
[2011/05/04 18:39] Aelamasca Aluveaux lets out a heavy very aggravated sigh" Fine whatever it cant be helped"
[2011/05/04 18:39] Grey Ormstein: I know giving you half an hour to teleport instantly isn't much time, and I'm sorry

After sharing this with Nova, he logged on and shared this with me:

[19:33] NovaAlamak Quintessa: Hey we need to talk.
[19:33] NovaAlamak Quintessa: You have every right to be upset with ME, even though I'm sick
[19:34] NovaAlamak Quintessa: But DO NOT yell at my staff
[19:34] Aelamasca Aluveaux: Sorry, An Angry Gerudo is a scary one

[19:35] Aelamasca Aluveaux: -___- If your going to cancel, please send a Im in advance
[19:35] NovaAlamak Quintessa: Yeah, we DID that.
[19:35] NovaAlamak Quintessa: And I wouldn't have known soonr
[19:35] NovaAlamak Quintessa: I have a cold
[19:35] NovaAlamak Quintessa: so chill.
[19:35] Aelamasca Aluveaux: because we sent out notices, and people came, and then it was like poof- 45 minutes BEFORE then event
[19:36] NovaAlamak Quintessa: well we're gonna be back there tomorrow
[19:36] NovaAlamak Quintessa: but i don't want to hear any more drama
[19:36] NovaAlamak Quintessa: if you have a problem, bring it up with ME.

[19:39] Aelamasca Aluveaux: Only because YOU didnt send a cancel notice, and what you did send came at the last minute
[19:40] Aelamasca Aluveaux: Which was seriously inconvenient
[19:40] NovaAlamak Quintessa: Look, your double standard is starting to annoy us all. You need to back off and be a little more professional.
[19:40] Aelamasca Aluveaux: My double Standard!?
[19:40] Aelamasca Aluveaux: Un professional!
[19:41] NovaAlamak Quintessa: I apologize for not showing up. But you don't get to berate my staff.
[19:41] NovaAlamak Quintessa: Especially when they've done nothing wrong.
[19:41] Aelamasca Aluveaux: And I apologized for that
[19:41] NovaAlamak Quintessa: You did?
[19:41] Aelamasca Aluveaux: so there is no need for you to come at me your contradicting yourself on the drama
[19:41] NovaAlamak Quintessa: I don't remember.
[19:42] Aelamasca Aluveaux: were you there? because i dont recall seeing you there
[19:42] NovaAlamak Quintessa: And I'm going to let you have the last word now.
[19:42] NovaAlamak Quintessa: We have these things called chatlogs
[19:42] NovaAlamak Quintessa: they help us incriminate unjust words.
[19:42] Aelamasca Aluveaux: Anyway
[19:42] NovaAlamak Quintessa: thanks again.
Back to top Go down
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:41 pm

OK. I didn't want to add my two cents, but this IS crazy. The Spinning Stream isn't PART per say of Hyrule's Stuff. As far as I remember, Ora invited us here because we were unable to keep our parcel, and he loves the stream, (I'm assuming), So the RP Staff wanting us to move the Show in the FIRST place to the Milk Bar area pissed me off.

The Reason : The Zelda Show is called. "The WINDMILL Hut.". Not the "Milk Bar".

Now. If they are really so upset at this, I have friends that would more than likely let us use his Sim to host this on Wednesday and Fridays. (Don't quote me. O_o)

I know the Sages want RP at the Milk Bar and all, But have real RP. This whole show is VERY MUCH OOC.

Also, Shit Happens. Deal and move on please.
Back to top Go down
http://www.secondlifehyrule.freeforums.org
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 1:48 pm

My understanding is that the move to the Milk Bar was never meant to be an event, nor a RP-sanctioned act. It's a means of capturing the Zelda theme and bringing in fans from both ends to one meeting place.

I feel Aelamasca thought this was some sort of special event, and not a weekly, recurring show, which is why she was so upset at the cancellation.
Back to top Go down
jt39137

jt39137

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:02 pm

I just remember it being part of the discussion last week.. I hadn't been following that closely otherwise.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/jt39137
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 2:05 pm

The thing is, nothing here has to do with the show being in the Milk Bar. If Ickolas has a problem with it, he can address it in a different topic.

My issue is: Who is Aelamasca Aluveaux and is this going to be a problem?
Back to top Go down
Nabooru

Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:50 pm

Wow this is very Mature, well let me reply to this all since I cant multi quote the whole page.

First of all: I know that the Spinning stream is separate from Hyrule and the windmill hut isnt called the milkbar

with that aside allow me to explain to the dumbass mother fuckers who are trying to start drama while saying that they don't want any.

1- I talked to the Nova a week ago and asked him about doing a show in the Milk bar since there was a lack of events going on there.
He agreed and said that he would do the windmill hut from the milkbar.

2- We posted the notice in the group advertising the event and people came

3- according to his website he posted his reschedule at 20:35:45 ( 8:35 Pm Est)
That he was going to cancel because of his sickness
he knew that the event started at 7 slt/pst which is 10:00 est
which ment that he had a whole hour and some and some odd minutes to contact someone at the sim and cancel but instead he didn't say a word, we didn't know about it until Ickolas came in there and said something and that was at the last minute- a whole 27 minutes before the event was suppose to take place.

And you have the nerve to call me unprofessional, Sure I got mad any sane person would be mad if something like this happened, but to use the excuse " oh I was sick" is ridiculous!
If he had the energy to post the his cancellation on his site an hour or so before the event then he had the energy to contact someone at the sim at that time as well. Then we could of found a replacement and continued our scheduled music event at the milkbar.

The one who was wrong here was Nova.

In addition heres the rest of that log that Grey didnt post:

[2011/05/04 19:42] NovaAlamak Quintessa: thanks again.
[2011/05/04 19:44] Aelamasca Aluveaux: If your going to come tomorrow then thank you, But if something comes up and you feel that you need to cancel that appearance please send a Im to an admin atleast 3 hours in advance

Last edited by Nabooru on Thu May 05, 2011 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Nabooru

Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 3:52 pm

GreyOrmstein wrote:
The thing is, nothing here has to do with the show being in the Milk Bar. If Ickolas has a problem with it, he can address it in a different topic.

My issue is: Who is Aelamasca Aluveaux and is this going to be a problem?

And to answer your question
I am Aelamasca Aluveaux,
Spirit Sage, Rp Gm, And Avatar builder.

And their wont be a problem if you fools dont pull childish shit like this.
Back to top Go down
Nabooru

Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyThu May 05, 2011 4:22 pm

MasterIckolas wrote:
OK. I didn't want to add my two cents, but this IS crazy. The Spinning Stream isn't PART per say of Hyrule's Stuff. As far as I remember, Ora invited us here because we were unable to keep our parcel, and he loves the stream, (I'm assuming), So the RP Staff wanting us to move the Show in the FIRST place to the Milk Bar area pissed me off.

The Reason : The Zelda Show is called. "The WINDMILL Hut.". Not the "Milk Bar".

Now. If they are really so upset at this, I have friends that would more than likely let us use his Sim to host this on Wednesday and Fridays. (Don't quote me. O_o)

I know the Sages want RP at the Milk Bar and all, But have real RP. This whole show is VERY MUCH OOC.

Also, Shit Happens. Deal and move on please.

Ickolas what the hell is your problem if i recall. YOU were the one who suggested this in the first place. At the meeting when we were the one who said " I have a friend who would be interested in helping. he said he would do the show from the milk bar but you have to ask him in person.

YOU said that so don't sit here act like you don't know whats going on, or you were against this from the start.

Back to top Go down
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 1:33 am

I'd like to ask you to go back and read everything you've said, both in IM and in this thread, and tell me you aren't acting childish.

I still don't know what a sage does besides go to your head, so I need clarification. You say you are a roleplay GM, but I don't see why that gives you any authority to organize events without setting up any sort of guidelines, and then getting so upset because you forgot set ground rules ahead of time. If you're really a gm, this is the sort of thing you should already know.

Please do not address Ickolas on matters of the Spinning Stream, he's a listener and a fan, but not a representative.

Please do not feel you can blindly set regulations that we should follow. We aren't being paid to do what you say, we're being paid by Ora. And, as Ickolas suggested, others would like our services.

I understand you were disappointed, but if you think because you were "mad" that makes your actions acceptable I am going to have to talk to Ora and see if we can find a better person to call themselves a part of the project.

As third chair of the Spinning Stream and builder for Ora's Hyrule, I will make this perfectly clear: You have no grounds to say anything you did. If all you do deals with role play, what we do in OoC regions and OoC events is not of your concern. I'm sorry if you planned some sort of character or rp event without our knowledge and it put a wrench in your plans, but the thing is we have done everything on our part we were asked.

Feel free to post several times if it makes your argument more valid, but I'm going to ask you to read before you post and think about what you're saying as an acting representative of Hyrule.
Back to top Go down
MasterIckolas

MasterIckolas

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 4:47 am

Quote :
Ickolas what the hell is your problem if i recall. YOU were the one who suggested this in the first place. At the meeting when we were the one who said " I have a friend who would be interested in helping. he said he would do the show from the milk bar but you have to ask him in person.

YOU said that so don't sit here act like you don't know whats going on, or you were against this from the start.

OK. Yes I DO have a friend. It ISN'T NOVA. I DO have other friends that do this shit. And I was opposed the Whole move to the Milk Bar from DAY 1. And it wasn't a He, Its a She. And She isn't known enough by Nova to let her do her Show.

Only reason is because she isn't known enough to Nova to trust he with the stream Access. And it would be A Metroid Show. So stop trying to say shit that I didn't say.
Back to top Go down
http://www.secondlifehyrule.freeforums.org
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 5:35 am

Children:

Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) 4d9e08213e0b9
Back to top Go down
Nabooru

Nabooru

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 6:38 am

GreyOrmstein wrote:
I'd like to ask you to go back and read everything you've said, both in IM and in this thread, and tell me you aren't acting childish.

I still don't know what a sage does besides go to your head, so I need clarification. You say you are a roleplay GM, but I don't see why that gives you any authority to organize events without setting up any sort of guidelines, and then getting so upset because you forgot set ground rules ahead of time. If you're really a gm, this is the sort of thing you should already know.

Please do not address Ickolas on matters of the Spinning Stream, he's a listener and a fan, but not a representative.

Please do not feel you can blindly set regulations that we should follow. We aren't being paid to do what you say, we're being paid by Ora. And, as Ickolas suggested, others would like our services.

I understand you were disappointed, but if you think because you were "mad" that makes your actions acceptable I am going to have to talk to Ora and see if we can find a better person to call themselves a part of the project.

As third chair of the Spinning Stream and builder for Ora's Hyrule, I will make this perfectly clear: You have no grounds to say anything you did. If all you do deals with role play, what we do in OoC regions and OoC events is not of your concern. I'm sorry if you planned some sort of character or rp event without our knowledge and it put a wrench in your plans, but the thing is we have done everything on our part we were asked.

Feel free to post several times if it makes your argument more valid, but I'm going to ask you to read before you post and think about what you're saying as an acting representative of Hyrule.

-Allow me to clarify for you a Sage is both an Admin and a character- The sages organize and create events for the further of Rp enjoyment. so with that I have all the right to authorize any kind of events that are held in Hyurle.
To put it simply we are the second chairs who run Hyrule.

-Maybe you should tell him that, Because at the meeting he was acting like staff member. he was the one who to.d me to go to Nova" I have a friend who would do it but you have to go see him in person"
Before he said that I had no idea where the Windmill hut was or who Nova was for that matter.

- And although he is down there saying that he didn't saying that he didnt mean Nova, he made no attempt to correct this mistake, but instad complained about the show taking place there.
So what does that say hmm?

-First of the regulations I set were agreed to by Nova who-A should be the one in here air his grievance instead of you and B- was the one who set up the time for the event to begin with.
Granted you weren't getting paid but he did make a deal/agreement with me a representative of the Hyrule side and broke it without giving us time to find a replacement.

-Talk to Ora as I will too, Although I'm sure he's already reading this so it doesn't really matter.
Although I must say your" you yelled at me so I'm gonna tell the boss and get you thrown out" threat is really cute" ^_^

-As Sage of Hyrule and Rp Gm I would like to say I had ever right to yell at y'all for ruining this event and not giving us proper time to find a replacement. I deal in Rp and RP related events, The moment Nova agreed to come over to the Milkbar and take part in that event he agreed to be apart of our rp system for that event. Something I made clear when I asked him from the get go. If he didnt inform you in all that then that is something you need to take up with Nova, and because he didnt show he/ didnt do a thing he agreed to.

Instead you just sat there and said " Hey come over to our club we're having a Phoenix Wright Hour"
So not only did you
A- Ruin our event with your lack of showing up
and
B- Called our Rpers away from the Event to come to your OOC club.

-its funny that you say this because the one being childish here is the spinning stream

Not Only Did you
A - Not post all of the chat logs. if your gonna try to make me look bad at least post he whole truth that has when I was asking what was going on, because as you know it was confusing when you and Ickolas came in there.
One was saying the event was canceled ( Ickolas) and the other was saying it was still On( You)

B- The very fact that you posted my chatlogs here is childish.
If you had an issue with me then you should've went to either Ora( Since you know him so well, even if he is offline you could've sent him a notecard/email expressing your problems with me to him.) another sage where we could've all You, Me, Other Sages, and Nova ( since he signed on and stayed on line for awhile) could've all sat down talked it out and let bygones be bygones.

But no you didnt do that instead you came over to the fourm posted everything in the public, went on venting, invited parties who had nothing to do with this to comment on it and now post pictures to further insults.

If this isn't childish I don't know what is.

But I made my case, and I'm sure Ora will bring down his ruling when he sees this so, I'm not gonna argue on it any more.

But I will say this one last thing, If you and the Spinning Stream decide that you want to cancel the Milkbar appearance for today then- as I said to nova=- Please give us atleast 3hours notice so we can find a replacement Dj and Items for the stream.

Thank you.
Back to top Go down
GreyOrmstein

GreyOrmstein

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 7:04 am

I'm sorry, but this last post was just too difficult to follow, between the quotes and non quotes and nothing really being labelled.

I understand that you are in charge of organizing RP events, but we were never told this is an RP event. We do a show, and we were asked to hold Zelda segments in the Milk Bar. The night in question, we still held a show, and those interested still showed up for milk, and I am still confused as to why our actions "ruined" this event you claim is "yours".

If you understand Ickolas isn't a part of my staff, then you don't have to worry about anything he's said.

Nova isn't a part of Hyrule because he's busy dealing with and running his site. I'm his Hyrule representative. As far as he's told me, you never said last week that he should "notify Hyrule by at least 3 hours in the event of a reschedule". You quoted that yourself as something after the fact.

And finally, if you hope to act professionally, you have no right to ever "yell" at someone you are trying to do business with. If somehow, us doing our show the way we were asked ruined your event, you should have come to Nova and told him there was a problem, and agree to set it straight for next week. You say I shouldn't be speaking on his behalf, and yet you yell at me. You say we should have talked with other sages, and yet I have no reason to think they're going to act any more mature than you are. The only people I do business with are Ora, Saria, Carter, and JT.

Also, thank you for saying I'm cute. You're cute, too and I like your avatar.

Also, I didn't think this was public. I thought this was for staff, only. Everyone I've seen on these forums have been people that are labelled builders or sages, Ora, Ick, and myself. If anyone else has seen this, I'm sorry, but we are a group and I had to ask the group where to address the problem.

Also I wanted to note: Ora can get to be fairly busy from time to time, so this might take a while to resolve. If you have any problems or want to work for a solution, I recommend you choose to do so. You've said you have more power than I do on the matter, so by all means act on it if that's your job. Otherwise learn your place and don't talk so big if you can't walk the walk. I'm still confused as to whether or not I am even supposed to be talking to you or not because I can't get ahold of Ora at present.
Back to top Go down
Ora
Admin
Ora

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) EmptyFri May 06, 2011 11:05 am

My god. For starters, this is all about The Windmill Hut not performing on time? The Spinning Stream is in Hyrule as my personal guests. While their service is greatly appreciated, what they do, and when they do it, is their own business. If they want to up and call off a show completely, that's up to them. Is it unfortunate that it was postponed? Yes. Was it an inconvenience to those who planned around it? Sure. But that's life. Things like this are unavoidable sometimes. From now on, what goes on between the members of the Stream is not to be questioned by Hyrule's staff. Furthermore, I wasn't aware of anyone asking the Stream to move to the Milkbar. I'm not opposed to it, but it is called the windmill hut. Anyway, that is up to them, nobody else.

I fully expect my staff to be mature and responsible. If we can't get along in a video game, a form of entertainment, then what hope do we have as a species? We are all friends here so I don't want to see anymore arguing. If anyone has any problems, they can contact me. Either through here or email, or in sl. (yamiora@msn.com)
Back to top Go down
https://hyrule.aforumfree.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)   Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present) Empty

Back to top Go down

Complaint (Not certain who to address, at present)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
The Golden Realm :: Second Life :: Suggestions-
Jump to: